Q: How to clean and disinfect the device?
A: Clean the external surfaces of the controller and system components before each use. System components may be subject
to contamination during use from contact with soiled hands of the user, airborne pathogens, and unexpected or accidental
events. Make sure you remove all visible soils.
CAUTION - Do not power wash this product.
- Mild soap
- Soft, lint free cloth (2 or more)
Validated mild soap:
- Enzol® Enzymatic Instrument Cleaner by Johnson & Johnson
To clean the external surfaces of the controller and system components:
See product illustration for clarification of product component names and locations.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet
- Apply wheel locks
- Undo power cord and hose straps
- Unravel and lay out hoses, cables, and power cord
- Disconnect the hoses. Push back on the retaining collar of the port on the controller. Pull the hose to disconnect
- Disconnect the patient temperature probe cable from the port
- Remove the reservoir. Pull forward at an angle, and lift out the reservoir
- If necessary, empty the water from the reservoir. Dispose of the water per your hospital protocol
- Prepare a mild soap and water solution as described by the manufacture
- Wipe the inside and outside of the reservoir and reservoir lid, with a soft, lint free cloth moistened with soap and watersolution
- Wipe the hoses and patient temperature probe cables, with a soft, lint free cloth moistened with soap and water solution
- Wipe the controller surfaces while the reservoir is removed with a soft, lint free cloth moistened with soap and water
solution. Also wipe the following system components:
Hose and power cord management straps
Storage compartment door
Inside storage compartment
Graphical user interface display
Wipe the controller, reservoir and reservoir lid surfaces, and system components with a clean, dry cloth to remove any
Replace the reservoir
Allow the external surfaces of the controller and components to dry thoroughly
Note - please check availability with Technical Support Team before ordering
Please check the disinfection guide.
Errors and omission excepted